The STQT is an opportunity to represent the state of Colorado at a BASS Nation regional event. Any member of BASS, and a Local CBN club in good standing, is eligible to enter. The top 10 finishers for both boaters (pro) and non-boaters (pro-am) will qualify for the Colorado State team and move on for a chance to fish the Bassmaster Classic. You choose a partner to travel and pre-fish with. For more information or to register contact your local CBN club.
CBN STATE TEAM TOURNAMENT FEE AND PAYOUTS:
The entry fee will be $325 for boaters and $225 for co-anglers Colorado BASS Nation (CBN) will take 20% for tournament operations. The remaining 80% being returned to national and regional qualifiers. $2000 from the CBN general fund will go to the national contender fund.
Regional participants advancing to the national championship will not be eligible to receive a $1000 support check for national contenders mentioned above.
STATE TEAM COMPENSATION ELIGIBILITY:
All national contenders and regional team members (boater and co anglers) in order to receive state compensation must volunteer at one of the following events: Junior Championships, HS Championship, C.A.S.T (Horsetooh or Chatfield), Ft. Carson Kids Day or submit a written letter to be reviewed by the CBN board of directors stating why the anglers eligibility can not be completed.
To participate in a state qualifying event, a person must be a Colorado resident and a primary member of a CBN chapter, “OR” be given a special waiver by the CBN Board of Directors by being a resident of a contiguous state, a primary member of a CBN chapter and be certified by that clubs president to have physically been a member of a CBN club for the year prior to the scheduled qualifier and must have participated in a minimum of 3 club events that prior year. Active duty military stationed in Colorado, in this provision, are considered to be Colorado residents and must be a primary member of a CBN chapter.
All contenders must fish with someone entered into the tournament. Exceptions will be made for immediate family that has traveled with you, contact the tournament director.
YES. Recommended boaters have them available and that you use one! Discussion with partner for the day is suggested for verification of your access to a net. Co's, recommended you bring a small net of your own to our events to assure you will have one available for your use. Again verify with your boater for the day.
Boaters need to make seats available to Cos. Please have your “sit down” seats and/or “butt seats” available at this event. If necessary, do some swapping with another boater for a day. Career Cos may want to consider getting a couple different seat posts and a seat of their own to bring to any tournaments you attend. Again verify seat arrangements with your boater prior to launch.
In some cases you may be fishing solo for the day depending on pairings. This will be for one day only. Special situations may change this preference, and fishing alone is not a guarantee.
Boaters need liability coverage of at least $300k. Please have a copy of your insurance coverage saved on your phone, or a hard copy. Insurance cards do not show coverage amounts. Have a copy of your coverage amounts available, digital or hard copy will be accepted. There will be random checks! Non compliance of the $300k coverage drops you out of the event until corrected!
YES. There will be running light and kill-switch checks. BASS liability Insurance requires those checks all 3 tournament days. Live-well checks will also be all 3 days. Let me know of any live-well, kill-switch, or light issues prior to 1st day launch, please. We want you safe and “No dead fish” is our goal as a group.
Pairings and launch order will done randomly via computer by CBN officers that are present. Day two launch order, boaters will be flipped and will be reverse order. Cos will be randomly paired again with boaters. NEW! Day three parings and launch order will be determined by standings. 1st place co and boater will be first out and on down the line. Pairings will be posted here on this page.
YES. Check back.
Multi hook rigs are not permitted this includes, Arigs, donkey rigs, Tube with a drop shot above, Live target bait ball, and more. These are not allowed in practice or competition days. Check with the TD if you have any bait in question.